Monday, February 12, 2007

The Melting Pot

Wow what a restaurant!!! My wife, Mary, took me out for dinner tonight at a place called "The Melting Pot". This is a Fondue restaurant. I thought fondue was dipping bread chunks in melted cheese ... boy, was I wrong. We started out with a bottle of champagne, then went into our first course, dipping bread into melted cheese. This concoction was a mix of 4 cheeses, pesto, marinara, and white wine. YUMMY!!! The next part was a ceaser salad, ok. Then ... we had the lobster with a coq au vin broth. Basically you stab some meat with a long fork and poach it until done, dip it in a sauce, and stick it in your mouth ... you go to heaven. The last was a bunch of fruits that you dip in chocolate. Pretty good, but I would rather eat food than desert. This was the most unique meals Mary and I have ever eaten. I would totally recommend it!!! We took Hannah, our 4 year old, and she loved it as well. What a great dining experience!!!

No comments:

Google Analytics